Hospice Update from the final FY 2022 Wage Index Rule
October 19 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Jennifer L. Kennedy, EdD, MA, BSN, RN, CHC | Webinar – 1.0 CE for both Nurses & Administrators.
The final FY 2022 Wage Index rule brought changes to Medicare hospice which providers need to know to be compliant, successfully strategic, and to deliver high quality care. This session will discuss data updates from CMS, changes to the election addendum, new claims based measures, stars for hospice CAHPS, updates to hospice public reporting and what is in the future quality reporting pipeline.
After participating in this webinar, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the national hospice landscape. (15 minutes)
- Discuss the climate and areas of focus at CMS, MedPAC, and the OIG related to hospice.
- Discuss recent regulatory changes and updates to hospice in FY 2022.
- Describe FY 2022 rate update.
- Examine update to the Election statement addendum issuance.
- Outline the hospice program integrity regulations
- Special Focus Program
- Enforcement remedies
- Explain recent quality reporting changes to hospice for FY 2022
- Addition of claims-based measures
- Addition of CAHPS Star ratings
- Updates to public reporting
- Future quality measures for hospice
Avantum Hospice Pharmacy offers services nationally with 11 local dispensing pharmacies throughout our footprint and over 69,000 contracted pharmacies in our PBM network. We deliver a full line of pharmacy services dedicated to exceeding the needs of our partners with a focus on superior local service, maximizing cost efficiencies and leveraging proprietary technology.